01-06-2006: Chevrolet To Auction 10 World-Class Trips To See Team USA At Olympic Winter Games In Torino
- Proceeds support U.S. Ski Team Olympic Qualifying Events
- eBay auction will run from January 4 to January 11, 2006
- Continues Chevrolet’s longtime support of U.S. Olympic Team
DETROIT - The promise of gold. The vacation of a lifetime. Chevrolet is auctioning V.I.P. trips to cheer on the U.S. Olympic Team at the 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Torino, Italy. The ten first-class trips will be auctioned on eBay beginning January 4 and proceeds will support the athletes participating in U.S. Ski Team Olympic Qualifying Events.
“Chevrolet is thrilled to make available these ten unforgettable trips to the 2006 Olympic Winter Games,” said Kim Kosak, Chevrolet general director of advertising and promotions. “Chevrolet has been a longtime sponsor of both the U.S. Ski Team and the U.S. Olympic Team. Our Olympians are poised to make history in Torino and this charity auction is a great way to support our talented and hard-working athletes.”
The ten all-inclusive trip packages will be auctioned separately on eBay from January 4 at 5:00 p.m. PT through January 11 at 5:00 p.m. PT. Each trip is for two people and the value of each trip is $12,600. The travel dates in Torino are Saturday, February 18 th through Wednesday, February 22 nd. Complete details are available on ebay.com. A link to the auction is available on the home page of chevy.com.
“The U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding will make history in Torino,” said Bill Marolt, CEO and president of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association. “We appreciate the opportunities our longtime sponsor Chevrolet is giving to fans in America so they can watch firsthand as we become Best in the World in 2006.”
As Chevrolet’s special guests, auction winners will be treated to the finest that the picturesque city of Torino, Italy has to offer, as well as elite access to the Olympic Winter Games with prime tickets to the most sought after events.
"Chevrolet has been a longtime sponsor of both the U.S. Ski Team and the U.S. Olympic Team,” said Jim Grice, chief marketing officer of the United States Olympic Committee. “While our Olympians are preparing to compete in Torino, this charity auction is another great example of Chevrolet's commitment to America's athletes."
Each trip to the Olympic Winter Games in Torino includes:
- Roundtrip air travel via an exclusive charter from New York direct to Torino, Italy
- Economy air travel to/from the winners’ home cities connecting to the charter in New York
- Deluxe accommodations in a Torino hotel
- Ground transportation throughout the stay including luggage handling on arrival and departure
- Tickets to the premier Olympic event each night
- A selection of optional daytime tours, activities and Olympic events
- All food and beverage during the trip
- One special evening at a Torino landmark, Palazzo Madana
- Custom-designed gift bags
- Personalized service from event management specialists prior to the Games and throughout the stay
“Chevrolet has been proud to support the U.S. Olympic Team since the 1980 Olympic Winter Games in Lake Placid,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet General Manager. “Our U.S. athletes have trained their wholes lives to make it to the Olympic Winter Games in Torino. This is a chance for ten winners to join America’s brand –Chevrolet – in supporting a great team…and experience the trip of a lifetime with proceeds benefiting our U.S. Olympic athletes.”