We Love ChevysAn American Revolution
Chevy Logo

We Love Chevys : Forums

We Love Chevys
Everything you need to know about Chevys!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cobalt A/C Defect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Cobalt A/C Defect Reply with quote

I bought a new cobalt 1 month ago and since then my car had to be serviced 2 times for air condition failure. The cycle switch would keep blowing out causing the air to blow hot. The second trip to the dealer for the same problem they have found out by GM that there was something in the electrical system that would keep blowing out the cycle switch when the fan motor was running. They needed to special order a new wire harness for the unit to fix the problem. It's been 4 days now and no more problems yet luckily. I have talked to a few other people who own cobalts and all have had the same problem. This is going to definately be a huge recall for this model. Anyone who uses the air all the time will have same problem eventually. Those of you that don't maybe you should so that way it will be under warranty when it breaks. Also this 4 cyl eats more gas then any v6 I have ever owned. Even more then the Chevy Colorado they rented me when my car was being repaired. By the way the Colorado 4 door was a very nice looking and running truck.

(this post was transfered from old forum - WLCadmin)
Jason

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Cobalt A/C Defect Reply with quote

MUST JUST BE YOUR CAR.I WORK FOR CHEVY AND WE HAVE HEARD OF NO PROBLEMS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING. I HOPE THEY GET IT FIXED RIGHT AND YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR COBALT

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Your Cobalt may have been overcharged at the factory to 1.3 lbs of R-134 instead of 0.9 lbs. Word has not gotten out to the dealers yet.

Take the car to the dealer, have them evacuate the system completely, and then recharge it to 0.9 lbs. Your problems will be over.

You might ask the dealer to share this info with other dealers, because GM has not admitted the factory mistake yet.

Jordan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just bought my Cobalt 2 weeks ago. No problems with the air conditioning, even during the hot days of last week in Ohio and Michigan. In regards to gas milege, I'm getting about the same as I was with my 92 Toyota Corolla, around 31-33 mpg, so no complaints there, even thought the Ecotec is the bigger engine!
The trim around the power sunroof switch just fell off today and the dealer had to order a new one.

Jordan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I spoke too soon! The a/c just went out on me this afternoon. It was working fine this morning and over the weekend. Two weeks and 2400 miles. Will see if the dealer can take care of it tomorrow afternoon!

Jordan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the Cobalt to the dealer this morning. There was a recall out for the wiring harness to be replaced. They also had to replace the A/C pressure switch. There is a service bulletin on the air conditioning overcharge at the factory. Took care of the pin stripes and the trim around the sunroof also. Took them most of the day, dropped car off at 7:30 am and got it back at 4:00 pm. So far so good...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Chevys Forum Index -> I Need Help!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: