We Love ChevysAn American Revolution
Chevy Logo

We Love Chevys : Forums

We Love Chevys
Everything you need to know about Chevys!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delco vs. Bendix Radios..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kencar13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Delco vs. Bendix Radios.. Reply with quote

A friend of mine recently tried to install a Bendix radio in his 1962 Impala. He's having a hard time making it fit in place of the Delco radio that was in there before.
I can't help him, so I was wondering if somebody out there can tell me why? I do know that there are differences in the
design of the case and front bezels, but I need to know exactly why the Bendix won't fit and what if anything can be done to make it fit. This info would be most helpful to me also as I might have to take the radio back, as I sold it to him so I can tell whoever else may buy it what to expect. Also, is there
any difference in the mounting holes, etc. between the '61 and '62 dashboards and would the aluminum trim on his Impala dash make any difference as far as clearance, etc.?
The biggest problem he's having is that the shafts for the knobs stick out too far and he can't shim them right for a proper fit. Any help on this will be much appreciated!!

Commander Ken
Willowbrook, IL

Should anyone be interested in buying the Bendix or know of someone who might, please let me know! Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Chevys Forum Index -> I Need Help!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: